Scholastic

www.scholastic.com
  www.scholastic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Scholastic

Great potential. Dysfunctional atmosphere.

I worked at Scholastic

Pros

good salary. good benefits. great products. wonderful peers. great office location. great name on your resume. great to do work that will delight kids.

Cons

dysfunctional, mean and manipulative managers at the higher levels in the education department. management decisions bloat and bust budgets. goals of executive and marketing decisions sometimes at odds with needs of children and teachers.

Shed dysfunctional managers. Be able to tell who is better at managing up than managing down. That way, your company won't be a revolving door anymore.

206 Other Employee Reviews for Scholastic (View Most Recent)

Company needs a major overhaul

Former Employee - Warehouse in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Scholastic part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent hours, part time work, seasonal work. Its a job.

Cons

Management at all level never listen to their employees, ideas or complaints. If your a favorite you keep a job, if not your out the door. If you have any complaints, your out the door. Workplace violence is a problem here in the Charlotte warehouse location but when taken to management 2 days later I had no job. The troubled employee has intimidated employees to the point they quit, threatened the lives of employees, physically fought with an employee and threatened me. All I wanted to do was to work hard for the company and have a job. I think this company should not be allowed in our school systems. Stop wasting tax payor money fighting the courts over the 3.8 million dollars you owed in taxes and pay up. It's in the news, read about it. Company is going down hill fast.

Come down from your upper management positions away from your desk. Look and listen to employees. Re-organize your company from the ground up. Start with your management, then the CEO.

A well known company with out-dated ideas

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Scholastic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HIstoric company, many people believe greatly in its mission.

Cons

People are paid to complete tasks. Forward-thinking projects or new ideas are exciting during a meeting but typically never evolve.

There are newer employer reviews for Scholastic