Proceed with caution

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at Scientific Games

Pros

compensation, ability to work with new technology - SG is very open to the use of developing technology. Although training is seldom part of the equation - it's normally "trial by fire".

Cons

benefits, lack of career path, very little internal promotion. Health insurance is not much better than zero health insurance - and just about as expensive. There are no defined career paths - and internal promotion is more a function of who, not what, you know. It's a constant struggle to make sure you are recognized and compensated fairly for what you do.

Advice to Management

realize that employees are not just a commodity - better benefits, better internal communication. Stock price is not the only measure of our success.

reviews filtered by

Scientific Games is a great place to work!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

One can learn alot through trial and error @ SG. Also you will gain experience with the cutting edge technology. Money is not a problem so you will be compensated for your work and given the tools to do an effective job. The work environment is very close knit and personable. You will develop life long friendships and relationships. The benefits are great and very competitive compared to other manufacturing facilities. Even with all of the drawbacks SG is a great place to work. The location is excellent. There is constant growth and the sky is the limit for future of this company.

Cons

The amount of commitment is excessive due to the lack of capable people to step up to the plate. The management and leadership qualities could use some work. There is alot office politics and fear tactics used to ensure that you get the job done. Alittle more professionalism and tact by the upper management team will attract a more professional and talented market.

Advice to Management

Work on an effective succession plan to develop future leaders. Also think before you do things then you would not have to cover up all of the indiscretions later on.