There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Hard work, but a great experience.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager Operations in Minneapolis, MN (US)
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager Operations in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Working with a variety of people.
-Ability to see how your direct impact can influence a business or the store as a whole.
-Creating a difference in each employees' performance and career growth.

Cons

-Scheduling. No work/life balance.
-Lack of availability to take vacation or time off.

4037 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

hORRIBLE

Current Employee - Cashier in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

none at all. Worst place to work

Cons

Base your schedule and job on credit app. They do not care about the employees. They just want credit apps. Plus my cashier manager keeps hitting the back of my head. Low Pay. No thank you.

Sears Home Appliance Showroom experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ (US)

I worked at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the job at times, and some of the people I worked with

Cons

Lets see... lots of expectations... as commissioned salespeople to go out on your time and gas, to market the store, looking to ride on anyone's coat tails for a buck. They don't care about you, just about sales and metrics to be met in order for all of the management to pat themselves on the back. If you have a busy store in a good area, it may not be bad, but the expectations vs the pay you receive isn't worth the anxiety you will experience. Managers constantly email pep talks, and NO NEGATIVITY ALLOWED- Sears can't offer free delivery like everyone else, so that is a big obstacle to overcome. Basically, they want you to distract and charm the customer to get beyond that. Sears delivery and installation is HORRIBLE! Most don't even speak English. Customer service is as equally frustrating for the associates, you will get the runaround as well as the customer. They seem to worry more about diversity than finding people who can do the job. You will constantly lose commission $ to the idiots they contract in these departments, and spend time you could be selling, dealing with customer issues that get thrown back at you from Sears customer solutions. Absolutely the worst job I ever had. I was one of the top sellers in the store, and most times made about ten bucks an hour. They only hire part time so they don't have to give you benefits, and then they sell the store off to a franchisee. After working here, and giving it your all...you will one day wake up, look in the mirror and see the word SUCKER on your forehead.

You can never be the best as long as Sears remains the worst.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears