Sears
2.5 of 5 3,175 reviews
www.searshc.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Good Temporary Job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I worked at Sears part-time for less than a year

ProsI worked as a shoe salesman and I liked the commission structure. It was not as good as other department stores but it was still an incentive to work harder.

ConsThere is no incentive to advance to a managerial position because of the constant turnover. I worked at Sears for 8 months and had 4 different managers. I would never want to be a manager because the work load is ridiculous for the amount of pay. The security of the job is also terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a better way to retain good management.

to sears or not to sears

Customer Solutions Management Representative (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Sears full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: pay is ok but not worth the slavery Cons: personally ... i got fired due to the fact that they said i worked for another sears .. HAD NO PROOF.... did not tell me… Advice to Senior Management: more training !! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

"I worked at K-Mart, and it was a horrible experience!"

Team Member Associate (Current Employee)
Hollywood, FL (US)

I have been working at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros: Probably the good thing about the job is that you gain retail experience and you can transition your experiences into another better job in retail.… Cons: Now I cannot speak for all K-Mart stores except the one located in Oakwood Plaza (Hollywood, FL). - Training is very poor. When I started there,… Advice to Senior Management: I only speak of K-Mart in Oakwood Plaza in Hollywood, FL. - The next time you hire people, seek out workers that provides great dedication in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears CEO Edward S. Lampert . All reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees.