There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Good Temporary Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I worked at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a shoe salesman and I liked the commission structure. It was not as good as other department stores but it was still an incentive to work harder.

Cons

There is no incentive to advance to a managerial position because of the constant turnover. I worked at Sears for 8 months and had 4 different managers. I would never want to be a manager because the work load is ridiculous for the amount of pay. The security of the job is also terrible.

Figure out a better way to retain good management.

4031 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

The company is getting better but there is still work to be done

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Good family friend store that prefers to promote within and grow from within the Sears team

Cons

Long crazy hours and no appreciation for worklife balance, no formal onboarding training that is clearly followed for anyone

It would be nice if there was an official onboard process particularly for salaried managers. I was promoted from within and I would have love to learned more with an experienced manager in my position. Most of what I know I have learned along the way.

Sales Manager at Sears

I worked at Sears

Pros

It is still a traditional company if you like that atmosphere, but it's not upscale in many of the stores.

Cons

It's a company that is old school and it is still growing on the apparel side

There are newer employer reviews for Sears