There are newer employer reviews for Sendero

This company has an amazing culture and team spirit!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Sendero

Pros

Locally-focused management consulting; fun; strong core values (integrity, respect, passion, higher reaching, and shared success); collaborative; humble; smart, interesting people; working together to build something really special; strong trust in leadership

Cons

There have been some growing pains as the company went from 15 or so employees with a long history together, to 35+ with a mix of new college grads and experienced hires outside of the original network. There's also a lot of work to do internally to grow the company, which, while interesting, can feel like a burden. It's also hard being patient for the company to get big enough to offer some of the things large companies can (in terms of benefits, salary, training, etc.), but in my opinion, it's worth the wait and I know they are giving the best deal they can.

Continue the focus on the company culture; continue over-communicating so everyone knows the strategy and their place in it; confirm priorities periodically.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Sendero (View Most Recent)

Growing consulting firm, not without challenges

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Sendero full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Decent breadth of challenging opportunities (multiple industries, types of work), considering size (50-100 employees)
    - Travel/work-life balance is much better than other consulting firms (90% of work is done in DFW area)
    - Heavy emphasis on "shared success" is a fresh of breath air compared to standard cut-throat consulting stereotype (e.g. repetitive business processes recognize others for their hard work and sharing of knowledge on projects)
    - Senior management has great experience and conducts themselves with integrity and respect for others
    - Fun, supportive atmosphere among consultants

Cons

- Growth opportunities can be somewhat limited if projects are tough to come by (firm is still small, so ideal clout level to easily win projects is still not there yet)
    - Much heavier emphasis on technology-related projects when compared to a standard business management / strategy consulting firm
    - Training is better than it's been in previous years, but still not near same standard as industry leaders

- Need more aggressive BD approach ; past business relationships have a limit, need more dedicated sales team to drive growth
    - Heavier emphasis on "stretch" roles for young consultants -- lack of challenges can create untapped potential (some thrive under pressure, regress when not challenged)

Company that practices what they preach

I have been working at Sendero full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I came to Sendero from an Industry job that had me jaded and burned out. I was impressed by Sendero's culture and stated values in my interview, but based on my past experience I wasn't sure how it would play out once I started. I am pleased to report that from my first day onward, Sendero has lived out and demonstrated their core values and culture time and time again. Coming to Sendero meant a career change and starting over, but it was the best career decision I could have made. The employees enjoy each other and many are friends outside of work. Upper management maintains an open door policy that is inviting and never pretentious. At past jobs I was usually looking for my next move after a year or so, but after three years at Sendero, I can say that I don't see myself leaving here any time soon. Having experience the alternative, I can say it's a great feeling!

Cons

Being spread out across the metroplex can leave a disjoined feeling at times, but that's the nature of consulting and Sendero works hard to do things to promote unity and connection across the different clients and locations.

Keep putting the culture and employees first and Sendero will keep excelling.

There are newer employer reviews for Sendero

Worked for Sendero? Contribute to the Community!