good

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Tongzhou, Beijing (China)
Current Employee - Analyst in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

I have been working at Shell full-time

Pros

good company to work with!! good work life balance

Cons

difficult recruiting process, prepare for it

Other Reviews for Shell

very satisfactory

I have been working at Shell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

excellent company benefits and sense of longetivity

Cons

salary pay instead of hourly

Great place to gain experience, then leave.

I have been working at Shell full-time

Pros

The pros of working for Shell Oil US are pension, health benefits, and bonuses. These are the only reasons I'm still with them.

Cons

The cons grossly outweigh the pros, so if you are starting your career and need experience, work for Shell a few years then leave. The cons include, but are not limited to: lack of accountability, extreme bias for Dutch and minorities for promotions regardless of experience and performance, and performance ratings based on bell curve. I have high evaluations on my performance; however, it is a fight for it. Rating is based on a curve, so no matter how hard you work, only three percent of your group (globally) can be at the top (and this effects your bonus). In other words, if there are people who are favored in your global group, they will most likely receive the highest ratings. Promotions and moving overseas for Americans is very limited. The environment is cut-throat with people trying to get credit for ideas; however, if something goes wrong, people are quick to point fingers and dodge responsibility. The emerging culture of Shell is to meet and meet some more and have more meeting where people like to theorize and contemplate but not do. If you are a doer and don't tell management just what they want to hear (i.e., schmooze), don't work for Shell US.

There are newer employer reviews for Shell.

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!