There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly

Great place to work and highly recommend it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

Great people, very transparent management team, and great products you can stand behind.

Cons

i wish the offices were in SF!

N/A

179 Other Employee Reviews for Shutterfly (View Most Recent)

Shutterfly rocks!

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

We have an incredibly talented group of senior management and employees, and we treat each other with respect. We have a culture that rewards performance and good business thinking and strategy, and not politics.

As a company that focuses on helping other create and preserve memories, many of which are related to families, we have great respect for our employees' needs to balance work and family life. It is also just plain fun to work on a product and service that you know makes others' lives happier and better.

Cons

As a medium-sized public company, we have somewhat limited resources to execute all of the great ideas that our team has. So we have to be patient and prioritize, which can be frustrating at times.

Continue to build our culture, hire great people, and keep us focused on building a great company for years to come.

A good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

- Positive work-life balance
    - Perks and rewards such as snacks, fresh fruit, lunches in when working over the lunch hour
    - Good people to work with, high quality, competent
    - Leadership is approachable and cares for it's employees
    - Provide interesting training opportunities, such as presentation skills and photoshop classes

Cons

- Frequent organizational changes result in lack of clarity around promotion path and career trajectory
    - Favoritism within certain groups and preference given to certain groups/managers
    - Can be tough to navigate the political landmines at times

- Be sure that all groups, no matter how big or small, are treated equitably
    - Be sure managers have a set career path for their direct reports so that we minimize employee attrition

There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!