There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Long time employee

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At SNC I have worked on many challenging projects. We get full support to accomplish the mission. I work with incredibly intelligent teammates. It is very satisfying when the things we build are deployed and help the men and women in the field. Pay and benefits are great too.

Cons

you have to be a motivated self starter to work in engineering here. Our informal motto is 'no slackers'. Is that a con?

keep the projects coming and add more motorcycle parking.

214 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation (View Most Recent)

Outstanding

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Hagerstown, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Hagerstown, MD (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is the most diverse company I have worked for!!! I have traveled the world with this company. It continues to amaze me where we grow next. I love to tell my friends and family that I have finally found the company I would be honored to spend the rest of my career with.

Cons

Standardization across the business units would be greatly appreciated

Standardization across the business units would be greatly appreciated. I have been through several business units in several states and not one of them is alike. Less competition with in the business units would also be appreciated. We need to be able to utilize each business unit and not have to aproch them as a customer.

NASA North

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time

Pros

With all of the work Sierra Nevada Corporation's (SNC) Space Systems Group in Louisville does for NASA, it's like working at NASA but with the luxury of living in beautiful Colorado. Win-Win!
    The work at SNC Louisville is truly making a difference in the world - from satellites, to human spacecraft. This truly is a unique place to work.
    The challenges are great, but key leaders and the workers in general make it possible to achieve greatness.
    And, the owners are involved and interested in the details of their company and employees, and truly take care of their own. That's pretty rare these days.

Cons

The workload is high, and number of people needed to do the work low. But this pushes everyone to take on more responsibility and stretch their capabilities, which is positive.

Some management needs to learn not to micromanage, and better trust the employees they hired to do their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation