Six Flags

www.sixflags.com

It's your typical entry level employer...

Supervisor (Current Employee) Valencia, CA (US)

ProsIt's a great first job that teaches you basic work ethics. Most times employees become long term friends and the environment can be exciting if you like working outdoors and love interacting with guests, as I did in the games department. The park presidents and the CEO are really upbeat, but the energy is only infectious for so long. The company is growing and revenue is going up.

ConsIf you don't like the outdoors and braving the elements it may not be the place for you, but if you work in merchandise or Food Service you may not have to go outside. They try and offer company discounts online, but other than that there's not much else utilized as an incentive. It's a high school environment where the immaturity trickles down from the top. They don't really offer competitive raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because the employees are teenagers, doesn't mean that the management has to follow suit. Make the employee parties more convenient, with longer hours, and more incentive. Recognizing the good employees wouldn't hurt.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I had a great Season. I can't wait to Return

Ride Operator (Current Employee) Eureka, MO (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible Scheduling Great and Fun Management Red Dot Reward program (Spot Bonus) Free Admission into Park + Comp Tickets/Free Season Pass Employee Discount Co-Workers and crew commendatory Novelty of working in… Cons: -Job is very repetitive Weather is not wonderful Unpaid Breaks Paid Uniforms (but they are not expensive) Paid only minimum wage (Ride operators get paid the least amount of… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Just train your leads and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great to earn a few bucks

Rides Operator (Current Employee) Santa Clarita, CA (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: - Get in for free! With a buddy pass! - Employee discounts - Safety-ride the… Cons: - 10 minute ONLY breaks - Some power-hungry leads - Favoritism! To get promoted to be a lead, you must be a kiss-ass to part-time supervisors.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!