Six Flags
www.sixflags.com Grand Prairie, TX 5000+ Employees

It's your typical entry level employer...

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Valencia, CA (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's a great first job that teaches you basic work ethics. Most times employees become long term friends and the environment can be exciting if you like working outdoors and love interacting with guests, as I did in the games department. The park presidents and the CEO are really upbeat, but the energy is only infectious for so long. The company is growing and revenue is going up.

ConsIf you don't like the outdoors and braving the elements it may not be the place for you, but if you work in merchandise or Food Service you may not have to go outside. They try and offer company discounts online, but other than that there's not much else utilized as an incentive. It's a high school environment where the immaturity trickles down from the top. They don't really offer competitive raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because the employees are teenagers, doesn't mean that the management has to follow suit. Make the employee parties more convenient, with longer hours, and more incentive. Recognizing the good employees wouldn't hurt.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a bad place to work

Paramedic (Current Employee)
Gurnee, IL (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for less than a year

Pros: Fun people, great perks, free park access, discounts. Cons: varied shift scheduling, basically lottery-style shift assignment. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I had a great Season. I can't wait to Return

Ride Operator (Current Employee)
Eureka, MO (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible Scheduling Great and Fun Management Red Dot Reward program (Spot Bonus) Free Admission into Park + Comp Tickets/Free Season Pass Employee Discount Co-Workers and crew commendatory Novelty of working in… Cons: -Job is very repetitive Weather is not wonderful Unpaid Breaks Paid Uniforms (but they are not expensive) Paid only minimum wage (Ride operators get paid the least amount of… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Just train your leads and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Six Flags reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Six Flags CEO James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Six Flags employees.