Six Flags

www.sixflags.com

It's your typical entry level employer...

Supervisor (Current Employee) Valencia, CA (US)

ProsIt's a great first job that teaches you basic work ethics. Most times employees become long term friends and the environment can be exciting if you like working outdoors and love interacting with guests, as I did in the games department. The park presidents and the CEO are really upbeat, but the energy is only infectious for so long. The company is growing and revenue is going up.

ConsIf you don't like the outdoors and braving the elements it may not be the place for you, but if you work in merchandise or Food Service you may not have to go outside. They try and offer company discounts online, but other than that there's not much else utilized as an incentive. It's a high school environment where the immaturity trickles down from the top. They don't really offer competitive raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because the employees are teenagers, doesn't mean that the management has to follow suit. Make the employee parties more convenient, with longer hours, and more incentive. Recognizing the good employees wouldn't hurt.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a bad place to work

Paramedic (Current Employee) Gurnee, IL (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for less than a year

Pros: Fun people, great perks, free park access, discounts. Cons: varied shift scheduling, basically lottery-style shift assignment. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

fun but...

Seasonal Supervisor (Current Employee) Jackson, NJ (US)

I have been working at Six Flags part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: great summer job so work does not interfere with school great place to work while your attending college, season starts and ends at the perfect times… Cons: hours are not always guaranteed pay is not great working conditions can be… Advice to Senior Management: listen to the survey that you force the team members to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!