There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Store Sales Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Orlando, FL (US)
Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Select Comfort sales you are making a difference in your customers lives. The product will change your life in many ways, it will help wit your health,relaxes and stress relief, weight control.
and you are well compensated for helping others.

Cons

As the company develops and grows it is just 26 years in the market it is going through a transition process to fine tune operations to better serve customers and this process keep you in an ever changing and your direction and work load is always growing and changing.

It is important to stay up with what your customers want at the same time don't loose focus on your associates they can become overwhelmed with to many different departments giving directions and trying to manage their time.

146 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Great products, great vision, training and POS system needs help.

Current Employee - Sleep Associate  in  Redding, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sleep Associate in Redding, CA (US)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to help people improve their lives (and sometimes save marriages) by improving the quailty of their sleep! The beds and bedding are of the highest quality. The innovations and technology are unmatched.

Cons

The sales and POS training needs to be much more comprehensive. The POS system is outdated and clunky, leaves room for data entry error. A more visual and user friendly system would be much appreciated! I also wish the products were a bit more competively priced... that is the BIGGEST complaint from our customers. The paper trail the company requires is far too much.

Offer AT LEAST 1 month's worth of better quality sales and POS training before a new employee is allowed to set foot on the sales floor. Provide iPads for sales reps to be able to give quotes while the customer is laying down on the bed (emotional connection) The POS system needs to be able to save and edit quotes. The Sales Portal is far too massive for a newbie like me to absorb all the info the company requires. I have some great ideas to be able to speed up the sales process, and I would love to talk to anyone in development about them. Otherwise, it's a good company to work for!

Great Job for Young People

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

If you don't have alot of sales exprience and they like you, they will train you.

Cons

Believe it or not but I have never worked in a place with so many heavy set people. The customers who buy the beds tend to be heavy and many employees are. Find a better job, the commisions are 2.5% of sales which means the opportunity is about 30-35K per year, if you can stand hanging around all day... like a car lot.

Pay 3x the commision and I will stop looking for a new job.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!