Sonus Networks
www.sonusnet.com Westford, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It was the best place on earth to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Sonus Networks

ProsWhen I joined Sonus in 2005, I was the best decision I made. The company was having issues with SEC filings. However the engineers were top-notch. The technology was simulating. And managers were considerate. I learnt a lot from co-workers, and was able to have great work-life balance. I was given raises according to my performance, and never thought of leaving the place.

ConsCome the recession of 2009, and the things went downhill very fast. The leadership changed, and outsourcing began in full swing. While I am not against the idea of finding the best talent in the world for the corporation, I was perplexed by the way the management got rid of old-timers. The SEC filing woes continued, and so did the rumors of takeover. I had bid the place farewell, although I am still in touch with the great people I met there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe devil is in the details. If you get rid of the talented engineers who know the system, you cannot build the great product. Having warm bodies is not a way the industry leaders think about. It's too late to evaluate your strategy now. I hope next time you think more than your stock options.

Not headed the right direction for a long time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sonus Networks

Pros: Has upside potential with stock options, if acquired as the… Cons: Lack of managerial vision has created an unpleasant work environment. Advice to Senior Management: Focus on products that are sellable. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Going downhill after IPO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sonus Networks

Pros: The pay is decent. The working hours are not too… Cons: The company is directionless. There is absolutely no leadship here. Advice to Senior Management: Need to find a new direction for the company quickly. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sonus Networks.

Worked for Sonus Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonus Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonus Networks CEO Raymond P. (Ray) Dolan. All reviews posted anonymously by Sonus Networks employees.