Great Brand and the company is changing for the better...

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Foster City, CA (US)
Current Employee - Marketing in Foster City, CA (US)

I have been working at Sony PlayStation full-time for less than a year

Pros

PlayStation looks like it has it's Mojo back...

Cons

Offices are currently old and cramped but we move to new offices in 2013! Good news!

Other Reviews for Sony PlayStation

Fun place to work at

I have been working at Sony PlayStation full-time

Pros

Sony Computer Entertainment America (Sony Playstation, San Diego - California) has a nice work ambiance along with friendly co workers and professional employees.

Cons

Very little supervision from senior management but then it depends on the seniority of your job profile. You are expected to enter and start giving results immediately without and training.

Good place to work for but effective management is a bit lacking.

I worked at Sony PlayStation

Pros

Working at PlayStation is pretty fun if you love video games. The work environment is laid-back in general. The company is not a stickler for when you get in or leave. People are pretty understanding if you need to leave early for personal reasons or need to take a few days off for vacation. The employees are nice and it's relatively easy to become close to the people you work with.

Cons

In the time I've worked here, I've come to realize the company is not as organized as you hope it would be for such a big corporation. Communication is lacking and sometimes things aren't done effectively or on time because of this. I think this partly has to do with how many people are involved in one project. With so many people, there is a tendency for projects to lose focus because there is not one person or group taking ownership.

I feel there should be a clearer chain of command or communication of priorities, so everyone can pitch in appropriately.

There are newer employer reviews for Sony PlayStation.

Worked for Sony PlayStation? Contribute to the Community!