Southern California Edison
www.sce.com Rosemead, CA 5000+ Employees

Reduction of the IT Department in 2013

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Irwindale, CA (US)

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe pay is excellent and the benefits. The IT management team was just reduced by twenty percent. If oyu are looking for state of the art projects then this is the place to be.

ConsIT is currently being hacked with layoffs in 2013. 20-30 percent of the staff will be let go in 2013. There is a new CIO and Directors which have a big say on how things get done from now on. I see a very small IT group in the next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have way to many vendor who supply basics Analyst H1B consultants which is in violation of the Labor Code and their Visas.

It was a friendly place to work where I gained valuable experience.

Financial Analyst III (Former Employee)
Rosemead, CA (US)

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Relaxed environment. Friendly people. Opportunities available to those… Cons: Hard work is not rewarded. The environment lacks energy… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the bureaucracy, cut departments, give each employee… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Incredibly depressing work environment

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
Rosemead, CA (US)

Pros: Work-life balance if you don't want to get ahead in… Cons: Non-stop propaganda about cost cutting and improving work environment without any focus on individuals. Many rounds of random lay offs and restructuring in different… Advice to Senior Management: Bring upper management salaries down to the levels where they don't feel like Gods and will start showing respect to their reports… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Southern California Edison.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern California Edison CEO Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees.