Southwest Airlines

Great Leadership, Great People, Great Company

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

ProsThe leadership, the culture and the people. Every employee is made to feel valued and appreciated on a daily basis. Not only by your managers and supervisors but by the leaders of the company. My 27 year old daughter says I go to daycare and not work everyday.

ConsVacation is a bit lame. Most companies have moved from vacation and sick benefits to PTO. It's difficult to hire for a senior position and offer only 2 weeks vacation. (3 weeks after 5 years)

Advice to Senior ManagementMove from Vacation and Sick to PTO. In my opinion this company is doing everything else right!

Southwest Airlines.

Ramp Agent (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros: The benefits are the best with free filght being number 1 and they have the best healthcare plan… Cons: The starting pay for what we do is low. you start out at $10.18 an hour when for the work we do it should be… Advice to Senior Management: Let the work force know the direction of the company a little better, they say we are hurting of money due to gas prices and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Ten on a scale of Five.

Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros: Industry leading benefits, a healthy relationship between management and unions, a profitsharing plan backed by three decades of unbroken profit, and a positive, supportive environment!… Cons: Baggage Service. I'd really like to see our numbers improve… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work. LUV you from the bottom… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southwest Airlines CEO Gary C. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees.