Work review

Current Employee - Electrical Project Engineer
Current Employee - Electrical Project Engineer

I have been working at Spartan Motors

Pros

The people are great. They are some of the best people to work with. Everyone is willing to help with anything at work or home if needed. Family atmosphere.

Cons

Pay is not what I expected. Chance of advancement seems poor at the present time. Not being challenged enough.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees in mind as an investment. Make sure they advance and feel good about where they work. Don't think of company advancement without them.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not a great place to work.

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Charlotte, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Charlotte, MI (US)

I worked at Spartan Motors

Pros

Small company, easy to find and talk to the people that you need to know to get the job done.

Cons

Because its a small company, little "clicks" of people are formed, and sometimes that can be detrimental when it comes time to promote or even get a fair review on your performance.

Advice to Management

You put rules into place that you do not follow. If you are going to make rules, follow them consistently, otherwise don't bother. Also, the rules that apply to the people out on the floor ALSO apply to the leadership. I could not believe all the "ethical" talk that was touted there, only to see upper management thumb their noses at it time after time. That's a sure-fire way to decrease morale and motivation.