Spectra Energy
www.spectraenergy.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Great company for benefits not so much for career growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Spectra Energy

ProsSpectra provides one of the best benefits package in the industry - add to that the 9/80 work schedule OR 1 day/week telecommuting option is just great.

ConsSpectra's middle management is aging and are happy maintaining status quo till they retire - you'll do good at this company if you just follow your supervisor without questioning why and how things are being done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring more young blood into middle management - provide a clear career path for individuals who show promise and recognize them for their contributions.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Spectra Energy as a contractor

Pros: Great company culture and they are competitive with pay and… Cons: It is better if you are not a contractor. Then… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mechanical Engineer in Training

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
Fort Nelson, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Spectra Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Spectra offers great opportunity for hands on experience. Working at field operation locations is… Cons: Spectra struggles to attract senior personnel due to perceived "undesirable"… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Spectra Energy.

Worked for Spectra Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spectra Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spectra Energy CEO Greg Ebel. All reviews posted anonymously by Spectra Energy employees.