Great People, Fair Compensation

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Standard Parking

Pros

The people are helpful, smart, and fun. Standard Parking provides a respectful and comfortable environment. Coworkers work with each other, not against each other. For the most part, this is the mentality of the entire firm, with very few exceptions.

Cons

The compensation and benefits are not as competitive as many other firms. Money and benefits are not everything, but a strong emphasis must be placed on the overall compensation package. In this aspect, Standard Parking falls behind, but not far behind, other firms.

Advice to Management

I believe Standard Parking is a good place to work, and the company treats its employees fairly. My advice would be to continue to preserve the respectful and friendly environment the company already offers, but consider becoming more competitive when it comes to the compensation.

reviews filtered by
  1. Shuttle Bus Driver

Former Employee - California in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Former Employee - California in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at Standard Parking

Pros

You are expoe to the public, they give you great training with all type diffrent cultures and how to react to them.

Cons

There is no cons with this company.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work and kindness, that you have incurred with your employee.

2. Depressing

I have been working at Standard Parking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to get overtime.
    Benefits (not the best, but it's something)

Cons

Negative working environment. There's always gossiping( between supervisors) majority of the supervisors are trying to play management role. And management allows them to make executive decisions.
    management is hardly on site.
    Supervisors love to 'write' the workers up. Thankfully there's Union so most of us are protected from the 'write up' police.
    I always dread coming to work. I dislike most of the people that I work with.
    If you plan on confiding in management about something.. Don't even think about it.. They will go back to the same person you complained about and tell them what YOU said to them.. Honestly where's the trust? I'm hoping this will be my last year here.

Advice to Management

management needs to start interacting more with their workers.