Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Nice weather.

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA (US)

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than a year

ProsProximity to Silicon Valley and access to industry connections. Reputation probably helps when trying to publish. Far from SF, but beats living in cold places.

ConsPay does not match cost of living in the area. Housing situation gets worse each year. These are pretty serious as a third of the pay goes to housing and there's always the risk of losing housing (due to the lottery system) if one goes off to do an internship. Other concerns: Heavy bureaucracy. Too much construction going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less on fountains, more on building more housing units.

So far so good

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than a year

Pros: It is always good to have Stanford in your resume The campus… Cons: The wages are usually not up to the Palo Alto/ Silicon Valley/… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Research Assistant at Stanford University

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA (US)

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: very flexible schedule, very good pay for the amount of work. Could learn a ton of different things from… Cons: Requires a lot of self motivation, if not you could find… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.