realistic

Former Employee - Real Estate Representative
Former Employee - Real Estate Representative

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

the people there are amazing, the environment is fun and safe, the company provides it self on servicing the community.

Manager was fantastic, fostered team work, and growth.,

Cons

the company lacks communication between departments, etc

It is a very hard environment to work in right now, too many lay offs all happening too often.

focus on what's important, keep people happy, and go back to your core.

Other Reviews for Starbucks

Fun with great benefits... if you don't mind the hourly pay and tired feet.

Former Employee - Shift Manager  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Benefits, meeting new people (fellow employees as well as the regulars that come in), fun environment, opportunities to grow within the company if you're really serious. Free pound of coffee beans EVERY WEEK. Free coffee drinks while you're on you're shift. You learn a lot of things at this job without even realizing it. Communication and socialization skills will soar. Efficiency and level of calmness during chaos will also increase.

Cons

The pay SUCKS. Minimum wage starting. Assistant managers start around $12-14/hr in most places. I could find an office job where I can sit and relax that pays more than that. This job is tiring because you're constantly running around. You will also feel like crap because a lot of the people who come in are just there for themselves and will not show you once ounce of respect... so you eventually get used to just letting things go.

None. It really depends on who the person is. I can't give just a broad statement to all.

Schultz, does he really know whats happning in his stores?

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Pueblo, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pueblo, CO (US)

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Free Coffee uhh... free coffee, Really I dont have anything nice to say. Starbucks was by a country mile the WORST job I have ever had.

Cons

I was not ever treated with respect or diginity, However I was expected to treat ALL with respect & diginity. I was dissapointed to find that a part timer was hard pressed to actually be scheduled the minium hours required to qualify for benefits. I saw alot of good people get tossed out with the old product because they didnt fit in to the click.

Mean what you say & say what you mean

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!