There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Barista to Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits: discounts, 401K, and Healthcare; fun atmosphere; new everyday so I never got bored; great product - I was proud of what I sold. The company stays true to its mission statement and guiding principles.

Cons

I felt like I was always on-call; have to have thick skin because customers are always right even when they aren't. Mentally and physically demanding job - you have to really want to do some hard work and use your brain.

4763 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Great Atmosphere

Current Employee - Barista in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Barista in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meet a lot of people within the community, make long lasting friendships with customers and other partners. Very flexible scheduling and does what they can to help you succeed in life based on your goals. Things like tuition reimbursement, partner discounts to other stores like nike and verizon just for being a Starbucks employee. Overall if you have a good attitude about working anywhere that gives you an opportunity and you make the most out of that opportunity then it very helpful, and rewarding.

Cons

A long work day like 8 hours can feel like 30 hours of work with all the tasks that you have to do in between making drinks and other things. It pushes for efficiency but is very hard on the body with all that needs to get done.

Work on offering more breaks outside of the standards and rely on every partner the same not just on your stronger more experienced employees to carry the load of the weak individuals.

What?! I need to write at least five cons?!

Current Employee - Barista in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Barista in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Human contact, business ethics, connections, advancement, tuition support.

Cons

Uneven expectations: supervisors sometimes judge entry-level partners unfairly. An exception, I hope.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks