There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great opportunities.

Former Employee - Barista  in  Marrero, LA (US)
Former Employee - Barista in Marrero, LA (US)

I worked at Starbucks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive (not minimum wage) hourly wage. The hours are pretty decent. Customers are easier on you than other fast food employees. Co-worked comraderie is excellent. Stock options are decent. Tips are usually an extra $1.50 an hour; $3ish during holidays.

Cons

There are usually lots of young people, so lots of interpersonal drama. There were little power-struggles with low-level management who abused their power/let their menial customer service job get to their head. If you have open availability, you could be opening one day and closing another, so it messes with your sleep schedule.

The way the manager ran my store was laughably bad. We had one barista who was an excellent salesman, so our store always had the best sales figures. But the way he talked to employees was deplorable. HR would have a fit if they could overhear. He's going to get Starbucks sued one day. I was a great employee for over four years. I was never promoted because of a personal vendetta- he even went so far as to telling other shifts to write me up over the smallest thing. Obviously, he didn't have a real case because I lasted for a while and left by

4583 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

It was a fun break from my boring desk job

Former Employee - Barista  in  St. Catharines, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Barista in St. Catharines, ON (Canada)

I worked at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros

Starbucks is great because it's a social atmosphere where you're encouraged to connect with your colleagues and customers. Getting to know the regulars was a fun part of the job. It's also a team based environment and my managers never made me feel beneath them.

Cons

My experience was mostly positive. I suppose it could be a little hard to increase your compensation without a big jump in status.

Great work to learn how to work

Former Employee - Barista  in  Claremont, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Barista in Claremont, CA (US)

I worked at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is usually friendly
    The work load is tolerable
    Socializing with customers is a plus

Cons

The scheduling does not optimize work flow
    There are procedures that hinder work timelines
    Education is not valued for retail side employees

Corporate should provide operational training for general store managers, and should require a bachelors degree to to a general store manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!