State Farm

www.statefarm.com
  www.statefarm.com
There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

State Farm Intern

Former Employee - College Intern in Irvine, CA (US)
Former Employee - College Intern in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at State Farm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice and helpful. There are many aspects to the internship, you're getting a wide range of experience.

Cons

A lot of down time in the AFO. Not always busy.

Mostly all are very helpful and go out of their way to give advice.

1754 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Great company with amazing management.

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

State Farm is truly devoted to helping customers. They have great support systems and the management is committed to helping all the agents be successful. I've worked for a handful of insurance companies and State Farm is the one company that I would feel comfortable recommending to all of my loved ones. Also there is a lot of room for advancement, since there is a large number of agents getting to retirement age without a replacement to follow.

Cons

I don't have a lot of complaints, but I would say that if someone is considering making sales their career I would say to be prepared to work long and hard hours.

Keep up the good work.

Insurance sales

I worked at State Farm full-time

Pros

You knew what hours you would be working, coffee was always hot, most of the time you could find supplies. The only positive thing going for this place is that the customers were always upbeat and a joy to work with on their policies.

Cons

If you didn't produce sales, even in a down turned ecomony, you might want to start looking for work with another company or in another industry. Don't share ANYTHING you want to keep private, even when you think you know the person you are sharing it with "says" that it won't go any further. No place to advance if you are not kissing up to the boss.

Learn how to work with employees. Stop the threats of being fired is you don't produce. This is not the way to "encourage" your staff when the economy is hard hit. For someone who says they know how to coach, I find it hard to believe that you seem to think you know how to treat your employees. If you coached a team like you treated your employees, you wouldn't have a team to coach. And 3 days paid vacation after the first year is not a benefit. That's a joke that will gets no laughs.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm