State of Minnesota

www.mmb.state.mn.us

Department of Health- The highlight of my career

Principal Planner (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsEach section is unique- its own company, culture and mission. This allows for more "personable-ness" and productivity than the common stereotype for a bureaucracy.

Opportunities to participate on highly recognized projects and programs and to establish precedent on pressing health concerns- both locally and nationally.

Great benefits: healthcare, pension, life insurance, deferred compensation, etc.

ConsHiring process can be very difficult to crack unless you are an effective networker with existing employees.

Upward mobility is almost non-existent for professionals with advanced degrees.

Salaries are 30-50% less than your corporate equivalent

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivate with the mission of being a public servant and -Incorporate a way to allow employees to operate at their full potential- whatever that may be.

Nice benefits, low pay, bad morale. Terrible union/management relationship

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at State of Minnesota full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits, some really bright people with a high degree… Cons: Terrible management/union dichotomy means as a manager, you can't do something nice for an employee… Advice to Senior Management: Read a modern management book No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very positive

Area Supervisor (Current Employee) Sandstone, MN (US)

I have been working at State of Minnesota full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very rewarding work and many challenges to address in a… Cons: Like in any government agency, swings in the political environment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State of Minnesota.

Worked for State of Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!