Good people, very flexible, poor management, hopefully getting better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Bruno, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA (US)

I have been working at Stella & Dot full-time

Pros

I've worked with some of the best people I've ever met at Stella & Dot and learned some too. As a working mom, flexibility was important and they offered me that, from a lactation room right in the HQ, to time off even on short notice when I needed it and work from home days.

Cons

Sometimes management can be very unreasonable. In the field I work in, it's very difficult to set hard deadlines and expect that they will always be met - mostly due to unforeseen issues that crop up. It ends up with everyone working off hours within their mishmash of schedules. This is a recurring problem that has yet to be solved, but we've just hired new management that I hope can help address this.

Other Reviews for Stella & Dot

Kleenex- useful when it's needed, but always thrown away when you're done using it.

Former Employee - Operations  in  San Bruno, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Operations in San Bruno, CA (US)

I worked at Stella & Dot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced startup with a couple of the nice perks- healthy snacks and tea in the kitchen, yoga class once a week, great discount on the product, and the jewelry is very trendy and wearable. The company truly upholds it's vision and spirit when the focus is Stylist- Facing those are the 30,000 sales team who make 100% of the revenue for the company.

Cons

Management is under pressure from the investors to keep growing both horizontally in new product offerings and vertically to new markets, as well as evolve the technology quickly. It's like riding a bicycle while you're riding it. A lot of fun, but you realize no one has installed brake levers so you can't stop.

Don't "churn & burn" people so much at the HO (home office). Invest in the vision that the company's greatest asset is it's PEOPLE, including the slaves at HO working 12+ hours a day for you for a paycheck and zero commission.

Amazing, powerful leadership with a focus on entrepreneurialism

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Bruno, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA (US)

I have been working at Stella & Dot

Pros

The top management is very focused on the expansion of the company, and in the CEO's words, "put more money in the hands of our valued Stylists". We internal folks behind the scenes at this powerhouse e-commerce DSA jewelry and lifestyle company live & breathe the mantra every day. We also are very focused the creation of a new platform to enhance the end user experience and create a unique social selling platform that will make our competitors cringe and scamper to copy. The Sequoia infusion of capital was just another testimony to the benchstrength we have in the top management team.

Cons

Seriously not many yet. They preach work/life balance, but as we all know during busy periods that is pretty much ignored and several departments have several employees burning the midnight oil to meet company-wide deliverables. The overall benefits package needs a complete and utter rehaul, and they can't seem to find an HR manager to suit the company's current needs plus growth, and the employees are still waiting......

Keep it going strong! A few small fixes to the employee benefit package, perhaps more mid-managment meetings across departmental lines to enhance communications. Not a whole lot of gripes honestly.

There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot.

Worked for Stella & Dot? Contribute to the Community!