StoneMor
www.stonemor.com Levittown, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stepping Stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Levittown, PA (US)

I worked at StoneMor

Pros1. Benefits are on par with others and the company absorbed most of the cost
2. They are very family oriented. During the economic crash, they initiated a fair furlough rather than lay one person off.
3. Depending on your department, there are opportunities for advancement.
4. Most management genuinely care about their employees and offer lots of feedback

Cons1. Pay is below for the same job at other companies
2. Only salaried employees are entitled to yearly bonus, not hourly employees
3. Depending on the department, there is definite preferential treatment, where employees who are tenured but not qualified receive promotions over those who are qualified.
4. Lots of back stabbing

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than continue to purchase properties, you should reward your employees with more than a 3% raise after a 3 year salary freeze and furlough.

My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be.

"Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros: There is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers… Cons: The company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back… Advice to Senior Management: Though I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A company where people are posted in high level jobs for which they donot possess the right background or qualifications

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee)
Levittown, PA (US)

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros: Growth Potential in the company Cons: A very depressing industry overall. Advice to Senior Management: Conduct aptitude tests and place the RIGHT people at the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on StoneMor.

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StoneMor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for StoneMor CEO Lawrence Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by StoneMor employees.