StoneMor
www.stonemor.com Levittown, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Wow Really!

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Charleston, WV (US)

I worked at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsVery good pay scale for earnings off commission if you are at a decent park.

ConsVery unmotivating conference calls two or three times a week. Trying to motivate by telling you that they will replace you just doesnt work. This company installs vaults in their cemeteries before the family needs it, the problem with this is that the vaults probably wont be any good by the time the family needs it, secondly there wont be any money in trust to replace it if under new ownership. The upper management expects you to turn around a cemetery in a matter of weeks that has been struggling for years. Just bad business.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to the changes taking place in the marketplace, open the doors to cremation products. Offer packages for cremation and promote it. If not just continue to rape and pillage your files and keep your eyes shut to what really is going on. And I was just replaced after 6 weeks, the first month we struggled but were over pace for the month and I had written more than half the budget personally. so you made a huge mistake by replacing me with a former manager that was getting ready to be fired at another cemetery outside the company for not selling. But I guess he was friends with the regional boss. So I will tell you that I will make sure that the very few excellent counselors that here in this market stay far away from any stonemor properties.

Mixed Bag

Sales Counselor (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

Pros: Upstanding company policy offsets sometimes shady practices by individual employees. "Family Service Counselors"---read: Salesman. Minimum wage plus… Cons: Not many married people in the bus. Long hours;… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lies, betrayal, evil, greed, clueless, thieves. Pretty much sums up the upper management.

Grounds Crew (Former Employee)

I worked at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

Pros: You get to work outdoors. Cons: They lie to you from the start. Never trust them! The pre-installs are a joke. Once you see one opened up you'll understand. They will… Advice to Senior Management: Sell your company. You couldn't make it as Loewen group and now you're doing pre-installs that are illegal. Well, maybe their legal in some states… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on StoneMor.

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StoneMor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for StoneMor CEO Lawrence Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by StoneMor employees.