There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Stryker Trauma

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Diego, CA (US)
Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Powerful company, solid senior leadership, credit car, good benefits, good people.

Cons

Territory cuts every year, declining salary, little case coverage support, limited career advancement opportunities.

You need to figure out a way to keep top talent and listen to the people who perform. Reps come and go but it is difficult to find top performers who over achieve year after year.

500 Other Employee Reviews for Stryker (View Most Recent)

Plenty of room to grow

Current Employee - Project Engineer  in  Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Large corp with plenty of ops to move around within and up
    - Many chances to shine and show your skills
    - Well admired in the industry

Cons

- Don't pay as well as they could for the amount of money they make
    - Careers can be held back if you butt heads with management
    - The company grows at a rate that they can't keep up with the changes procedurally.

- Ensure employee satisfaction is as high as you think it is, don't just read the Q12 results
    - Give employees ops to shine and ensure other managers know how well they are doing. This could be used to grow that employee and move them into a bigger role they deserve.
    - Stop telling Acc. Project Engineers that it will take 2 years to be promoted to Project, just tell them what skills they need to develop to reach it.
    - Start doing out reach effort to help the local community and ensure the employees can help directly. United way supports a "day of caring" where employees could take a day to go out in the community and help someone in need by building/painting/landscaping/etc. We can't just buy our way and hope people will admire us. We have to get our hands dirty and actually help.
    - Ensure procedures and metrics focus on the right things. Some groups goals try for the wrong thing and it actually creates more work for other groups and it doesn't actually help the company. Saving money should be a goal, but quality should always come first.

Every day in Stryker is full of excitement!

Current Employee - Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stryker believes in the capability of its employees and gives them full freedom to do their job. It never hesitates to provide you any tool or training needed to execute your project. Also, the working hours are quite flexible.

Cons

Ratings are given as per Bell curve. So one might get low rating even after performing at par with other team mates.

Don't give ratings as per Bell curve.

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!