Sun Life

www.sunlife.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Sun Life

Leaders are a Joke, president failed this company along with Lincoln. Will never keep talented employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA (US)

I have been working at Sun Life full-time

Pros

Its just a job if you work here.

Great work life balance because the company does promote laziness, complacency, and lack of responsibility to managements expense accounts.

Cons

Complacent management

Crap pay

No upper movement nor is there dedication to internal employees to move around in the company

Very "old" crowd of useless managers with terrible performance track record. Its like a collusion of terrible, lazy, and old management keeping each other employed while losing real talent to much more competitive and better companies

Terrible decision making within upper and lower management.

Your kidding yourselves to think you will continue to operate in the near to long term future with your current "regime". Will enjoy seeing how you fair in the real world once you lose your jobs. From the looks of LinkedIn, seems like that's been a complete fail as well.

333 Other Employee Reviews for Sun Life (View Most Recent)

Great

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst

I have been working at Sun Life

Pros

Great people to work with
    Great management style

Cons

Far from metropolitan area and not much happening in the Kitchener

Not for everyone

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Sun Life

Pros

Working hours are very flexible, which is great. I also work at a Financial Centre where the management are absolutely amazing when it comes to ongoing support and training. Colleagues are also very helpful and willing to teach you things. I haven't met one colleague I didn't like at Sun Life, everyone is friendly and it feels like a big family.

Cons

Like a lot of people mentioned on here, Sun Life is very, very stingy. From the very beginning, we have to pay for office rent, internet, telephone and even our group benefits. Even though they say we are "self employed" and the reason they make us pay for everything is so we can incorporate later on and then save on taxes, but they make us pay for everything right at the beginning when we are just starting out and not making money yet, which is unfair compared to other companies. Also Sun Life compensation is organized in "levels." You have to maintain a certain amount of sales before you can get the full compensation. If you fall behind on your sales, which is very possible in your first year, you will lose out on most of the commission; this is also unheard of at other companies. Even if you fall behind on your sales, you still have to pay full rent and all costs, which is ridiculous.

Please take away the level system. Even though you probably have it to push people to make more sales, it is too much pressure on the new advisors to have to constantly be selling to everyone in order to make it up to the level where they can get full commission. Also at least for the first year, or for people who are not making that much, waive the rent and other fees.

There are newer employer reviews for Sun Life