Sun Microsystems
www.sun.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Great opportunity for an eager employee, but too much bureaucracy to move things along

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Sun Microsystems

ProsWealth of resources, telecommuting and flex office policy means you can work from anywhere, lots of opportunities for learning and taking on extra responsibilities.

ConsThe resources are burdened with bureaucracy, because so many people telecommute, the buildings feel ghostly and you never know where people are on a given day.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure how things have changed since the Oracle acquisition, but quicker turn around times for inter department tasks would have been helpful.

It was a good experience and helped me learn a lot.

I have been working at Sun Microsystems

Pros: -Good environment -good place to work -good salary -good roles -good jobs -good stuff -good… Cons: -some of the down sides to working for sun microsystems… Advice to Senior Management: some of the advice or feedback to the leadership at sun microsystems… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

excellent

Software Analyst (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Sun Microsystems

Pros: work from home work/life balance lot of new technologies to learn if… Cons: slow pace no growth and salary hike More

There are newer reviews on Sun Microsystems.

Worked for Sun Microsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun Microsystems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sun Microsystems CEO Lawrence J. Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Sun Microsystems employees.