SunGard

www.sungard.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

Think twice before joining this company

I have been working at SunGard full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefit package is competitive and they have a very good 401K. Co workers are friendly and there is always plenty of work to be done.

Cons

Lack of flexibility
No communication
Constant reorganization
The environment feels more like that of a kindergarten than an office, employees treated like children, scolded for various actions, like that of a child
Workload distribution is uneven, many have nothing to do while a few select employees have more to do than they can complete in an eight hour day
Overtime is encouraged and admired, hours worked are broadcasted by many as an accomplishment, it almost feels like a competition on who can work the most

Treat those that work hard with respect and remove those that do not
Communicate better with employees
Realize that some who log in long hours are milking the system and stretching out their responsibilities. This is partially in response to low to no raise etc.
Provide a career path
Stop trying to pacify employees with hollow remarks on how management is taking steps to improve morale, we are smarter than that and it sounds ridiculous. We know change will never happen, its the Sungard way.
Odd behaviors are overlooked and almost encouraged.

300 Other Employee Reviews for SunGard (View Most Recent)

it was fun to work here

I worked at SunGard full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working here, very friendly work environment

Cons

i dont have anything in particular

Worst Company to join at

Current Employee - Senior Product Developer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Developer in Pune (India)

I have been working at SunGard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

USed to have work life balance totaly depends on your product. We were then forced to work 10 to 12 hours 7 days a week yes i am right even saturday and sunday
    Nothing else if you are good in showing off then you might get good bonus

Cons

Bad work environment , no worklife balance in my product at least
    Old timers dont work and are appraised as well so if you are one of them then you will never leave Sungard and tswy there are lot of good things written about the company here.
    If you are in Pune and being a non Marathi then god save you.Even the internal working language is marathi and you are suppose to be total alien if you are not one.
    Firing is happening at rapid place both higher ed and public sector are closed and more than 150 people are fired . its facing difficult time and even some of the existing and suppose to be loyal clients are moving away.

They wont change , Advice to all the new people joining in the company better dont.

There are newer employer reviews for SunGard