Sunrise Senior Living

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

sunrise

Former Employee - Concierge in London, England
Former Employee - Concierge in London, England

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Supportive and upward mobility potential.

Cons

None that I can think of.

none

275 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Learnt the art of management game playing.

Former Employee - Reminisence Coordinator in Winchester, England
    Former Employee - Reminisence Coordinator in Winchester, England

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

Salary
    Nice buildings
    lovely coincerge
    Furnishings
    staff sometimes get free pizza

Cons

overworked
    unrealistic targets
    stressed staff teams
    Disorganised
    Reactionary organisation
    nepatism

Recruit general managers with clinical experience. Coordinators in Asssited living and Rem have the toughest jobs. Remember them when you are introducing yet another report you desperately need. This takes them away from the core business activity of care. Celebrate and use staff skills.People lose heart when you bring outside experts into the community and overlook the qualified staff you have.

Encourage staff not to work excessive hours. This is demoralising, unsafe and affects health. You will lose good staff.

Deal with the daily corporate bullying that is endemic in the organisation led the example of the most Senior HR person. This is destroying your business and costing you money.

I wanted to use my skills in dementia to improve the lives of seniors. A promise wa given that I could share some of my research with the US. This never materialised and I never got to use my skills so I have left to go to an organisation that has embraced them, We have achieved in less than two months full NHS support to roll out the findings of this research. Sunrise you missed out.

Sunrise provides a valuable service.

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent training, pay, benefits and work environment. Good company culture and very rewarding work.

Cons

This is a huge company with some organizational flaws that make it difficult to answer to the various demands from corporate while managing one's day to day job responsibilities. Some disparity between high-paying customer expectations and poor delivery of service. Hard, sometimes grueling work. There are some "bad apples" in leadership roles who's behavior does not align with the value statement and mission of the organization. Too much tolerance for bad behavior.

Do not qualify someone for a promotion just because they have seniority within the company due to longevity. Apply the "Peter Principle" and place people in positions they can manage well.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living