Symbian
www.symbianfoundation.org London, United Kingdom 1 to 5 Employees

A sinking ship....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Symbian

ProsA very diverse environment with a number of lovely, bright people. The industry is certainly very interesting and the opportunity to work with some truly brilliant industry developers was great.

ConsPossibly the most dysfunctional work environment I have ever been in. There were intense amounts of gossip and insecurity and generally speaking there was less focus on quality product than there was on personal issues and ego.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness decisions made to placate emotionally unstable middle managers or feed someones ego despite the full awareness that is is a bad business decision compared to other options available is foolhardy beyond the telling of it.

Its great working where your work is recognised and get to interact with many tech people.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Symbian

Pros: Get the tech update from different people and be at… Cons: Symbian took over by Nokia... Advice to Senior Management: Keep the OS still for many phones to come. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

An exciting place to work at

Engineering Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Symbian

Pros: Great team feelings. Lots of competent people. Great leadership. Management… Cons: Hard to get promoted above a certain range. Certain roles have a limited job grade… Advice to Senior Management: This is perhaps not really relevent now what Nokia has… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Symbian.

Worked for Symbian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symbian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Symbian CEO Tim Holbrow. All reviews posted anonymously by Symbian employees.