There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

Great Place to Start Your Career

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People in this organization are great to work with. There is a wealth of opportunity for your career within the organization.

Cons

If you are afraid to pick up the phone, this is probably not a good fit for you.

Invest in your 1-3 year employees and help them be successful.

942 Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems (View Most Recent)

Not so good In Richmond Va...

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Richmond, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay. The staff seems to be friendly at first. Some TEK staff will work hard to find you a position.

Cons

I was on unemployment and had no money. I was hurting pretty bad so I applied online to TEKsystems and received a call within a few days. The lady at the Richmond Va TEK seemed real nice at first. It took a while to find a position for me. She called and informed me that a company in the Richmond area was hiring. She talked the position up so I told her I was interested. I had the phone interview and got hired. I asked for 2 weeks because I will be moving 1000 miles away from Richmond. The lady agreed and told me that I had 2 weeks but then called back a few hours later and told me I had to be there that Monday! Didn't even give me 2 weeks to move 1000 miles down to va.. Four days is what TEK gave me. To move my entire house and family down to Richmond with no money or help only to start work in an old run down factory. The factory is in terrible shape. The roof leaks badly and every machine in the factory is from the 80's. The company has horrible benefits and nothing to offer. I had to write and document everything I did and document how long it took. I was extremely micro managed. I'm an adult and didn't need this. I called Tek to let them know that I was not happy with the position and the lady I worked with basically told me to "Live With It"... I expected this lady to at least show that she cared but got the opposite. I was staying hour and a half away so to drive 3 hrs a day really made this even more difficult. The TEK rep didn't make me feel important at all. She didn't care about all the inconveniences (2 thousand dollars and 24hrs of driving) I had getting to this position. I drove the hour and a half back to where I was staying, packed my things and left. The lady called me and threatened me. I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through what I went through. This was a terrible experience. I learned many lessons with this though.

Need to care more for your Tek employees. TEK needs to hire more people with better customer service skills. Your employees are what feeds you and pays your bills so they are more important than how you treat them. You don't need to threaten your employees as well. Just not a very good idea.

Good....have been supportive

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Understanding and supportive in their nature towards their employes based on needs and demands.

Cons

Communication....its set out only when the employe asks for it and not by themselves which should be the case.

Be proactive