Five years of a pretty good relationship with TEKsystems

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Camp Hill, PA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Camp Hill, PA (US)

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive Compensation Package
Negotiated paid health benefits
A good list of clients
Long term contracts
Friendly managers and recruiters

Cons

Manager turnover
Health benefits packages are below average
Having to use vacation/personal time for client holidays that are not covered by TEKsystems - Note: only six holidays per year is standard compensation by TEKsystems.

Do what you can to reduce turnover of recruiters and managers.
Consider revising the paid time off to include all holidays that the client observes.

Other Reviews for TEKsystems

Their main concern is the profit of their staffing agency

Current Employee - Tech Lead  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Tech Lead in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Multiple possibilities, well established in the market. You can find opportunities in different cities

Cons

Their focus is on getting their business the highest contract with the lowest paid contractor. The benefits are not the best in the market.

Focus more on talent retention than on the numbers.

Not so good In Richmond Va...

Former Employee - Network Administrator  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at TEKsystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay. The staff seems to be friendly at first. Some TEK staff will work hard to find you a position.

Cons

I was on unemployment and had no money. I was hurting pretty bad so I applied online to TEKsystems and received a call within a few days. The lady at the Richmond Va TEK seemed real nice at first. It took a while to find a position for me. She called and informed me that a company in the Richmond area was hiring. She talked the position up so I told her I was interested. I had the phone interview and got hired. I asked for 2 weeks because I will be moving 1000 miles away from Richmond. The lady agreed and told me that I had 2 weeks but then called back a few hours later and told me I had to be there that Monday! Didn't even give me 2 weeks to move 1000 miles down to va.. Four days is what TEK gave me. To move my entire house and family down to Richmond with no money or help only to start work in an old run down factory. The factory is in terrible shape. The roof leaks badly and every machine in the factory is from the 80's. The company has horrible benefits and nothing to offer. I had to write and document everything I did and document how long it took. I was extremely micro managed. I'm an adult and didn't need this. I called Tek to let them know that I was not happy with the position and the lady I worked with basically told me to "Live With It"... I expected this lady to at least show that she cared but got the opposite. I was staying hour and a half away so to drive 3 hrs a day really made this even more difficult. The TEK rep didn't make me feel important at all. She didn't care about all the inconveniences (2 thousand dollars and 24hrs of driving) I had getting to this position. I drove the hour and a half back to where I was staying, packed my things and left. The lady called me and threatened me. I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through what I went through. This was a terrible experience. I learned many lessons with this though.

Need to care more for your Tek employees. TEK needs to hire more people with better customer service skills. Your employees are what feeds you and pays your bills so they are more important than how you treat them. You don't need to threaten your employees as well. Just not a very good idea.

There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!