Target
3.2 of 5 6,687 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Definitely a fun place to work.

Electronics Team Member (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat relationships formed with the team members and guests. Flexible schedule. Good team member rewards for productivity.

ConsNo opportunities for advancement at my store. A new target store opened less than 5 miles from our store which significantly reduced our sales, and reduced pay roll, making it very difficult to perform tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more of a relationship with the team members rather than just being their boss. It's really appreciated when the management knows something about your life.

Huge Headache Daily

Starbucks Associate (Former Employee)
Pensacola, FL (US)

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: It was a job, and a paycheck. Cons: 1. Complete cookie-cutter environment, don't you dare be yourself! 2. Dorky morning "huddles" with exercise kind of like in kindergarten. 3. Nobody is allowed to leave the… Advice to Senior Management: Shape up your HR practices and remember that you are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Career Opportunities for Young Professional, but VERY Political

Manager (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Advancement Fun culture...work hard and play hard Good company to have on the resume Great tools and capabilities Best in… Cons: VERY Political, creates very noticeable differences in preferential treatment and opportunities for select few Strong experience, superior skills, and true talent not rewarded as much as… Advice to Senior Management: Promote fairly from within. Agree that an MBA is worth more and does open doors, but the value they place on this is obsessive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.