Great place to work!

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader  in  Poughkeepsie, NY (US)
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Poughkeepsie, NY (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Thriving Company
- Opportunity to grow with company
- Constructive feedback on leadership abilities
- Great team-oriented culture

Cons

- As with any retail field, be prepared to work long hours and have open scheduling availability

Keep up the great work and engagement with every store!

Other Reviews for Target

It's just fine for a monotonous retail job, minus the snooty store leadership.

Current Employee - Target Back Room Team Member  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job, decent camaraderie if you get a good team, leadership immediately above us is friendly. It's a job you do not have to take home. Just go, put in your 8 hours, and you're done.

Cons

The pay is not good and the raises are pathetic. If Costco manages to pay its team members $17 an hour, why can't Target? It's the same type of store. Also the higher management treats all the team members like they are stupid, lowly scum. I just remind myself that while I will move on, this is all they will ever amount to.

Respect all employees even at the team member level. You have no idea what their background is, and you don't realize that you have people working for you who are much smarter than you are.

Target is definitely a great place to work if it's your first job, or to help get you through college.

Current Employee - Operator  in  Murrieta, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operator in Murrieta, CA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great experience with people. Will make friends in this work environment. Flexible with school or second jobs. Will learn a lot of helpful skills when working here.

Cons

No opportunity to grow, asked repeatedly for chances to expand in the store or to pick up hours and was never approached. Was also told by a Team Lead that if I need hours to wait by the phone all day until someone calls you in. Horrible management when it comes to team members problems in the store (conflict with other TM's, the workload amount put on one person, very empty promises) A very High School-like environment.

Would definitely like to see someone who can set store manager's straight when it comes to their team member's needs and requests.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!