Good Telecommunication company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Telefónica

Pros

Salary, Big Company, Spanish culture.

Cons

Bad administration, Old school boss. Need new vision

reviews filtered by
  1. satisfactory

I have been working at Telefónica

Pros

big company , good to get experience of a big company . many trainings

Cons

too big company and too many people . might not be your choice if you wanted a close knitted work environment.

Advice to Management

none

2. A generally good experience apart from increasing incompetence of Senior Management

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Telefónica

Pros

Offered good incentives both at individual and team level.
    Attractive perks - free mobile , vouchers ( Spirit points) given to staff for sales.

Cons

Not all employees are treated equally.
    Area and regional management given too much power and can be unfair in their treatment of some employees. Preferential favourable treatment given to some .
    Promotion opportunities limited unless you are in the area manager's clique.
    Claims to have an open culture where managers can be "challenged" yet if an employee does this, they will be singled out
    Focus away completely away now from customer care and only sales matter, despite what company would publicly claim.
    The confidential HR department is anything but - entirely protective of senior management , no matter what the issue.

Advice to Management

Area and Regional management have too much power at their disposal and can seemingly get away with anything. They generally operate in an intimidating and discriminatory manner . For an easy life, many employees simply keep quiet rather than rock the boat. More questions should be asked of staff in a truly confidential way - Reflect is anything but confidential. Too many area managers have risen through the ranks through their ability to talk the talk only. They are often incompetent at being people managers.
    O2 needs to start truly caring about its' people , not just claiming that it does.