Telefónica
www.telefonica.com Madrid, Spain 500 to 999 Employees

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years (but not much more... ;-)

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWith the current rate of unemployment in Spain (26%)? Everyone will claim it is a "secure" company.

ConsCivil service style of management, high bureaucracy, very different environments with varied treatment for both employees and customers (Telefonica Corp, O2, Telefonica International, European and American countries where Telefonica operates). Too heavy weight of trade unions lacking flexibility, innovation, projection planning and profesionalism in general.

The Peter Principle is usually accomplished in a classic hierarchically structured company like Telefonica. As someone said: "Getting anything done around here is like mating elephants: 1it's done at high level; 2 it's accomplished with a great deal of roaring and screaming; 3 it takes two years to get results.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpecially to the highest level: Telefonica is not a monopoly any more. Did you know?

Positive experience for short term contract

Customer Care (Former Employee)
Cobh (Ireland)

I worked at Telefónica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexible work hours, subsidized canteen, thorough training. Cons: Company structure is overly hierarchical. Not much room for upwards… Advice to Senior Management: Improve working relationship between permanent staff and temporary staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice company to work for, difficult times for the industry

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Munich (Germany)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great working facilities in Munich, good work life balance. Hours are respected, extra hours are paid. Schedule… Cons: Hard times for the industry, makes the company look for savings… Advice to Senior Management: Value the good human capital Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Telefónica.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telefónica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telefónica CEO Cesar Alierta. All reviews posted anonymously by Telefónica employees.