Telephone & Data Systems
www.teldta.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Generally good, but beware of HR

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Middleton, WI (US)

I have been working at Telephone & Data Systems full-time

ProsMost of the people there are good people that want to see you grow. The culture, the old culture that is hanging on, is a good one. People work hard and you are rewarded for your work.

ConsBeware of HR. They have proven themselves to be untrustworthy and have a very bad reputation in the organization, but they'll never learn about it because they don't want to know and the rule by fear. Personally, I've tested my HR rep by giving them confidential information and my leader knew what I'd told them within 2 days - twice this has happened. They also like to make threats and accusations that are completely unfounded - I've seen this happen to a number of people - usually to anyone that questions them or pushes back. They decide they don't like them and they start working to get them out. I'm not sure if it they are even aware. . . . Be particularly careful of the ER and CP.

Advice to Senior ManagementSurvey the employees and try to see what they actually think of HR and leardership. The employee survey isn't doing it.

It's been a mostly positive experience at an interesting company.

Tax Accountant (Current Employee)
Middleton, WI (US)

I have been working at Telephone & Data Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good leadership at the top. Conservative spending set the company up… Cons: Work-life balance has suffered over the past couple years. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sr. Management talks a good game on changing culture but is ineffective in implementing or influencing the employees.

Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Telephone & Data Systems

Pros: educated work force and company emphasizes eduction for all employees.… Cons: Lack of communication from senior management Limited follow through on attempts to change corporate culture,… Advice to Senior Management: Do more than talking about creating a HOP and work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Telephone & Data Systems.

Worked for Telephone & Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telephone & Data Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telephone & Data Systems CEO Ted Carlson Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Telephone & Data Systems employees.