There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Die beste Erfahrung, die ich je gemacht habe The best experience I've ever had

Former Employee - Praktikant in Freising (Germany)
Former Employee - Praktikant in Freising (Germany)

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Leute, mit denen man fantastisch arbeiten kann
Führer im Technologiebereich
Großartige Ideen
Man erweitert bei der Entwicklung der neuesten auf dem Markt verfügbaren Technologien sein Wissen und gehört zu den Ersten, die mit solcher Technologie umzugehen haben

Great people to work with
Technology leaders
Great ideas
Expand you knowledge while developing the newest technologies in the market, and be the first to deal with such technologies

Cons

Ich kann mich nicht daran erinnern, dass mir irgendetwas Nachteiliges aufgefallen wäre

I can't remember that I faced or noticed any cons

reviews filtered by

Déçu par le manque de vision et de gestion de la direction supérieure. Disappointed by upper managements lack of vision and leadership

Former Employee - Ingénieur système in Villeneuve-Loubet (France)
    Former Employee - Ingénieur système in Villeneuve-Loubet (France)

I worked at Texas Instruments

(Translated from English)

Pros

Bon environnement de travail. Endroit calme, confortable où travailler. Beau site.

Nice work environment. Calm, comfortable place to work. Beautiful site.

Cons

Très mauvaise répartition des tâches entre les sites TI sans aucune justification en termes de différentes compétences sur les divers sites. Nous étions en compétition avec nos collègues d'Inde/Dallas alors que nous étions sensés collaborer avec eux.

En tant que grande multinationale, il est très difficile de changer les TI et bien sûr, les politiques internes empêchent de faire correctement les choses.

Very poor re-partition of tasks between TI's sites when there was no justification in terms of different skills at the various sites. We were effectively in competition with our colleagues in India/Dallas while we were supposed to be collaborating with them.

As a big multinational, it's very difficult to effect any change at TI and of course inter-site politics hamper getting things done effectively.

Advice to Management

Ce conseil est pour la direction OMAP.
    1) Lorsque personne n'achètera vos puces sans logiciel, vous pourrez dire que OUI, vous vendez des logiciels - comprenez cela et admettez que l'IT a une culture très réduite de développement de logiciel. Vous devez a

This advice is for OMAP management.
    1) When No-one will by your chips without software you can consider that yes, you DO sell software - understand this fact and then recognize that TI has a very poor culture of software development. You need to accept that the excellence of your SW is as important as that of your HW and then stop hiring HW engineers to develop SW. SW engineering is a profession and good SW looks nothing like what your HW engineers produce. This is difficult for people with a HW background to grasp but you need a major cultural change in the way you develop SW at TI - start by hiring outside SW managers (not from semiconductor field!)

2) Skilled people don't grow on trees - stop treating engineers as interchangeable functional units but recognize that when smart people are experienced in a complex field, they're probably more efficient that 10 juniors working together.

3) Leadership - you don't have any. When the head of the BU is "amazed" at what clients do with your products then he probably isn't the person with enough vision to anticipate the next step.

4) Stop paying upper management in stock - they end up running the company more like a casino than a business - they're too worried about short term stock value to implement long term strategy. A lot of the bad decisions of recent years have been to limit short term stock deflation, but they're hurt the capability of the product line to survive long term (loss of employee confidence, loss of key people)

2. Mehr als 20 Jahre und noch immer erfolgreich 20 years+ and going strong

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freising (Germany)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freising (Germany)

I have been working at Texas Instruments

(Translated from English)

Pros

Internationale Wachstumsmöglichkeiten. Klare Managementstruktur. Mehr Schulungen als man für möglich halten würde.

International opportunities to grow. Clear management structure. More training than you could point a stick at.

Cons

Politik, Politik, Politik. Kein ausreichender Fokus auf Europa.

Politics, politics, politics. Not enough focus in Europe.

Advice to Management

Sehen Sie sich die Geschäftsführung in Europa an. Zeit für Veränderungen und frisches Blut.

Look at the senior Europe management. Time for a change and some fresh blood.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments