There are newer employer reviews for Thales

A mixed experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Thales full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good opportunities to move around, reasonable conditions and facilities. Quite an informal atmosphere. Fairly competitive pay and perks. Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Inconsistant - some parts of the company still have poor management. Very difficult to get the company to spend money on training. Poor internal communication: there is a lot of it but it is not all effective. Almost impossible to get any significant pay increases without moving jobs.

reviews filtered by
  1. Very comfortable job. Occasionally frustrating to work for.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Thales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and people are excellent! The flexitime, healthcare, gym subsidies, and others bring an extensive package to the table. There is currently overtime for longer hours to compensate for busy periods of work. The staff are exceptionally friendly, and most of them very skilled.

Cons

A large company that is quite inflexible to change. Struggling to keep its' business units together, a large hierarchy of management, and a frustrating IT system stops Thales from being a cut above the rest in terms of its' products and profit.

2. Thales - UK

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Thales full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great engineering company. Long term career prospects good.

Cons

Middle management totally incompetent. Company very slow in responding to changes in market. Very much internally focused. Not commercially savvy. Cannot manage sales intuitively - everything has a process associated with it. Very cumbersome.

Advice to Management

Unless the internal focus is corrected and a new breed of sales people are not brought into the company - there will be tough time ahead.

There are newer employer reviews for Thales