The Body Shop

www.thebodyshop.com

I love working for this company, however prepare for long hours

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEncouraged to speak up and share ideas
Fantastic network of fellow managers for support and spirit-lifting!
Beautiful products, customer engagement and shop floor environment

ConsA lot is demanded from managers and assistant managers. You'll either embrace it (expected to 'run' your business rather than turn up and set up, close down and go) or you'll buckle.
Long hours - expectation is to be present and work at least 30 minutes before and after you're rota'd (and therefore paid) for every day but this is often more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic about the working hours required of managers/assistant managers and reflect that in the weekly scheduling if you cannot reflect it in pay.

Working Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The Body Shop

Pros: Great people, very nice atmosphere. Cons: Lots of changes causes disruption amongst employees Advice to Senior Management: Trust your staff! More

Overall good part-time work experience

Seasonal Salesperson (Former Employee) Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Body Shop part-time for less than a year

Pros: Body Shop has a systematic training sessions on how to become a good salesperson, I was given a booklet and the manager played a video… Cons: We were asked to put on at least seven different kinds of makeup(foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara, lipstick) for work and the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Body Shop.

Worked for The Body Shop? Contribute to the Community!