There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Unmatchable Learning Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Ames, IA (US)
Former Employee - Account Executive in Ames, IA (US)

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There was no such thing as a typical day of work. Every day was new and exciting either making progress with current potential clients, closing a sale you'd been working really diligently on, or meeting new business owners and having unlimited opportunities to make a lasting impression as a professional.

I learned a lot about myself, from just how persistent I could be to get a job done, how hard I was willing to work to build a good reputation for myself and the company, and how to motivate myself on those hot summer mornings when air-conditioning is calling. It was an amazing experience and looking back I know that I gained so much more than if I had just been fetching coffee or making copies.

The best part about the job is getting to see the finished product and know that you spent your summer working towards that end point and having it finally be right in front of you.

I'm so glad I took this internship. It has helped open so many doors for me and helped me grow out of that 'student' mindset and feel more like a real professional with real world skills and experience to contribute.

Cons

The hardest part of the job was dealing with rejection or difficult clients. The thing that helped get me though that was confidence in our product as well as knowing that I was walking into a business determined to help them have more of a presence with the students on our campus. Like I said, any time I needed a lift both my manager and my coworkers would help me out by making me laugh, put things in perspective, shake it off, and move on to the next one.

Our managers trusted us completely to be working our best and representing them well. I knew no matter what the case that I could call my manager and get advice, a morale boost, or a really loud cheer of celebration. All of the managers worked as a team to support us, and it's been clear since day one that they truly care about each of us and our futures. The only thing that was a little difficult was if the phone lines ever got tied up, it

255 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

This internship was a lot of hard work, but was completely worth it!

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Luis Obispo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great management, great 4-day training program, gain a lot of experience, national rankings weekly to motivate Account Executives, great internship for students with a sales path, perfect to talk about for later career interviews

Cons

Completely commission based, lots of hard work, lots of driving.

Have a west coast office, it's hard to communicate with manager on a completely different time zone.

Great account mgmt experience, looks good on resume

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  College Station, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in College Station, TX (US)

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern for less than a year

Pros

great people, comprehensive product training, great product

Cons

no base salary, only commission

longer internship period would bring more sales

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Worked for The Campus Special? Contribute to the Community!