There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Too many politics, too much turnover, too much micromanagement...

Former Employee - Employee  in  Secaucus, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

Pros

The majority of the people who work for the company are smart, talented people. Benefits are fantastic compared to other retailers at the corporate level. Workload is fair and manageable most of the time.

Cons

The politics here are terrible. Upper management is similar to a high school clique...seems as if many talented executives have been hired and quickly fired, to the point where sometimes they aren't there long enough to even attempt to make a difference. The amount of micromanagement is un-believeable. Being at a mid-senior level at the company is almost impossible...your boss is 'scared' to make any decisions, which makes you unable to properly give direction to your staff, which is incredibly frustrating. There is way too much time wasted waiting for approvals, feedback, cross-functional agreement, etc. due to the politics. Depends on the 'mood' of the decision maker that day. The turnover here is higher than I have seen at any other company, which is very unfortunate.

Start utilizing your teams, and stop micromanaging all aspects of the business. Stop playing favorites, it is incredibly unprofessional.

508 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Secaucus, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The job is pretty lay back, the co-workers are OK. The working hours are flexible. The company provide nice benefits.

Cons

The managements are weak technically. They won't help you to resolve the issues, but will get most credit from your hard work. This company is too much politics.

The company can be much better by playing less politics.

Impossible to live on.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

The job itself is fun. I enjoy working the register, handling exchanges/returns, etc, and always having something to do, whether it's processing shipment, replenishing, or helping a mom put together an outfit. The boss was very understanding about my inability to work weekends, and the co-workers were all very nice. Any time I needed help, my boss was out there instantly to help me.

Cons

The pay is awful and the hours are worse. I am getting a total of FIVE hours a week. Even then, my five hour day was cut down to four. That is my biggest complaint. I am available Mon-Fri, but I'm getting one day a week. Even then, management continues to hire more employees. Management is very nice, but sometimes very disorganized. I've had my schedule changed without even being notified, and when I would show up to work, all I would be told is that they changed it and I have to go home. Call-in's are also very annoying. They will temporarily schedule you for a shift, but you have to call an hour before the scheduled time to see if they will even use your shift. 99% of the time, they don't use your call-in, and you end up staying home anyway.

STOP hiring excessive amounts of employees and give the rest of us actual hours. I didn't apply here to work four hours a week.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!