There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Too many politics, too much turnover, too much micromanagement...

Former Employee - Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of the people who work for the company are smart, talented people. Benefits are fantastic compared to other retailers at the corporate level. Workload is fair and manageable most of the time.

Cons

The politics here are terrible. Upper management is similar to a high school clique...seems as if many talented executives have been hired and quickly fired, to the point where sometimes they aren't there long enough to even attempt to make a difference. The amount of micromanagement is un-believeable. Being at a mid-senior level at the company is almost impossible...your boss is 'scared' to make any decisions, which makes you unable to properly give direction to your staff, which is incredibly frustrating. There is way too much time wasted waiting for approvals, feedback, cross-functional agreement, etc. due to the politics. Depends on the 'mood' of the decision maker that day. The turnover here is higher than I have seen at any other company, which is very unfortunate.

Advice to Management

Start utilizing your teams, and stop micromanaging all aspects of the business. Stop playing favorites, it is incredibly unprofessional.

reviews filtered by
  1. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Secaucus, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job is pretty lay back, the co-workers are OK. The working hours are flexible. The company provide nice benefits.

Cons

The managements are weak technically. They won't help you to resolve the issues, but will get most credit from your hard work. This company is too much politics.

Advice to Management

The company can be much better by playing less politics.

2. A Great Place To Work

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security; competitive wages; app. 4 weeks of PTO time; sick time allotted; management user friendly

Cons

Sick time does not roll over; no air conditioning in 90 % of work areas

Advice to Management

Due to the increased volume of being the only distribution center we could use some updates to increase the proficiency of production in supplying our retail stores.