The Children's Place
www.childrensplace.com Secaucus, NJ 5000+ Employees

Too many politics, too much turnover, too much micromanagement...

Employee (Former Employee)
Secaucus, NJ (US)

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

ProsThe majority of the people who work for the company are smart, talented people. Benefits are fantastic compared to other retailers at the corporate level. Workload is fair and manageable most of the time.

ConsThe politics here are terrible. Upper management is similar to a high school clique...seems as if many talented executives have been hired and quickly fired, to the point where sometimes they aren't there long enough to even attempt to make a difference. The amount of micromanagement is un-believeable. Being at a mid-senior level at the company is almost impossible...your boss is 'scared' to make any decisions, which makes you unable to properly give direction to your staff, which is incredibly frustrating. There is way too much time wasted waiting for approvals, feedback, cross-functional agreement, etc. due to the politics. Depends on the 'mood' of the decision maker that day. The turnover here is higher than I have seen at any other company, which is very unfortunate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart utilizing your teams, and stop micromanaging all aspects of the business. Stop playing favorites, it is incredibly unprofessional.

great experience

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: small team oriented stores. you build a work family. Cons: corporate makes decisions without knowing their people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent Internship

Intern (Former Employee)
Secaucus, NJ (US)

I worked at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros: did a lot of work for the department but also went on trips, had multiple training sessions (team building, public speaking, business writing, etc.), and… Cons: no one really knows childrens place even offers and internship… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers. All reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees.