There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

One of the hardest companys to work for.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Roseville, CA (US)
Current Employee - Store Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

30% discount on cute kids clothes.

Cons

You get no support from the company. You are not given tools to help you succeed. The work load is very unrealistic. There is so much pressure to get so much done that you have nothing but stress. There is never any appreciation for anything achieved. There is never any payroll hours to get hugefloorsets done. Every week you have tons of shipment, price changes, and you get in trouble when it does not get done but you don't have the hours to do it. Customers are awful and corporate is not much better.

reviews filtered by
  1. Unorganized

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great discount and product offered in benefits.

Cons

No accountability within district and no follow-through with supervisors. Processing shipment and replenishment will always outweigh any customer service attributes.

Too many politics, too much turnover, too much micromanagement...

Former Employee - Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of the people who work for the company are smart, talented people. Benefits are fantastic compared to other retailers at the corporate level. Workload is fair and manageable most of the time.

Cons

The politics here are terrible. Upper management is similar to a high school clique...seems as if many talented executives have been hired and quickly fired, to the point where sometimes they aren't there long enough to even attempt to make a difference. The amount of micromanagement is un-believeable. Being at a mid-senior level at the company is almost impossible...your boss is 'scared' to make any decisions, which makes you unable to properly give direction to your staff, which is incredibly frustrating. There is way too much time wasted waiting for approvals, feedback, cross-functional agreement, etc. due to the politics. Depends on the 'mood' of the decision maker that day. The turnover here is higher than I have seen at any other company, which is very unfortunate.

Advice to Management

Start utilizing your teams, and stop micromanaging all aspects of the business. Stop playing favorites, it is incredibly unprofessional.