There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

No hours to do a mountain of work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  York, PA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discount, wear jeans to work everyday, great prices, upbeat music to work to

Cons

Minimal pay with maximum expectations, hours are always being cut, wasted money on marketing all the time, very little opportunity for advancement

Stop spending a ton of money on unnecessary marketing. Value your employees. Store managers get crazy vacation and PTO but part-timers get low pay.

507 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Went downhill quickly

Former Employee - Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

I initially liked my job at the Children's Place. Worked part time as a sales associate before getting promoted to sales lead. Seems to be small room for working up in the company. Pretty good about scheduling for sales associates.

Cons

The entire staff I worked with was entirely female, with one guy in the back doing stock, extremely sexist. Working with so many girls got irritating, especially since they're young and immature.
    Got written up for being physically assaulted and threatened because "I needed to watch the way I spoke to people." I never had any other complaints. Got ganged up on by other management so I quit and found an easier job with higher pay than my management pay.

Needs to be a more diverse staff to benefit the company and the employees. Higher pay for physically demanding position.

Highly political, hierarchy, more important to fit into corrupt culture than to be good at what you do.

I worked at The Children's Place full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO and employee morale was good.

Cons

The work was mundane and routine. Senior management and others need to learn basic interpersonal skills and get out of their own heads and work silos. Some employees with influence due to longevity with the company are not open to change or newness and hold onto their projects too tightly, not allowing you to have influence. It's either done their way or it's considered wrong. My VP wasn't a good leader. The person used their arrogance as a weapon, acted cowardly on many occasions and unprofessional, speaking about past employee confidential matters. The person also played favorites versus recognizing true talent and holding onto it. Environment is extremely gossipy and unprofessional. A complete waste of my time, talent, creativity and energy. Onto bigger and better things!

Lose your egos and focus on the business of The Children's Place.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!