The Hartford

www.thehartford.com
  www.thehartford.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Great work environment with great people.

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA (US)
Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at The Hartford as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very open and not an incredibly "corporate" feel. I worked in Boston for six months and was able to meet the highest level management in the office, as well as those who visited from out of state.

Cons

The department I was in had been recently acquired from another company, and was actually just sold to yet another company. I believe the total count is four sales/acquisitions within five years. As a result, some of my coworkers did not have the greatest sense of job security.

665 Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford (View Most Recent)

Run!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at The Hartford full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers and good amount of vacation time (much needed due to stress of this job)

Cons

No incentives. Other sites had time off phones to do goofy stupid things like flash mob..etc. All we ever got is you have to be on the phones no time for play. God forbid you had to go into unscheduled to go to the bathroom. that was closley looked at and you got a lovley message that you had stay that amount of time after your shift. However hey would constantly tell you that you had bathroom privlidges but do it on break or lunch (like that can be something you can control). The rack and stack method of measuring your performance is a joke. You can be meeting all your expected numbers but still lose your job because there are 20% of your peers that are doing well above those numbers) especially those who get paperwork all the time and really dont have any numbers to go by. these were the so called favorites. Lots of nepitisim and favoritism. Treat your customers like they are numbers and not elderly customers who really needed help understanding insurancef get them off the phone as quick as possible (who cared if they didnt understand) but then you get dinged whenever they call back in a rolling 30 day period! Job was basically based on if they called back withing 30 days and customer surveys which anything under a 10 basically brought you down. how many people will rate anything a 10! half of them didnt even know how to use the survey system and wound out giving people zeros instead( with no thought from management that these people didnt know how to use the system) Constantly micro managed to the point that I and a few other coworkers were put on anti anxiety meds.

Quit the micor management with managers who have little or no customer service experience. Bring back the old way thinking that the customer comes first before your un achievable numbers.

You will be successful if you can manage constant change.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at The Hartford full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, good benefits and 19 days of PTO for your full first year.

Cons

Some managers/executives just manage rather than lead.
    Laying off whole departments and shipping positions overseas.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford