The Hartford

www.thehartford.com

Waiting for the dust to settle

Staff Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Hartford, CT (US)

ProsDespite all the change currently happening, there are still plenty of opportunities within the remaining lines of business. Managers are generally supportive and the company seeks to excel in its strengths. The stock performance over the past year has been a good indicator of the company's better positioning within the markets and will continue to show strength.

ConsFunctions can be feel siloed, i.e. lines of communication between groups and functions tends to be limited. Divestitures have caused some turmoil and ill-feeling, which should subside over the next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication has been good, and the divestitures were handled well. It's hard to appease everyone when there is so much change, and I'd say it was handled well.

OK company to work for but has a lot of areas that could be improved

Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) Radnor, PA (US)

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: flexibility. can work from home one day a week. 401k… Cons: no job security. poor career outlook and options. micro management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great place to begin your career

Project Manager III (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Hartford does a good job of providing development training, skill… Cons: Career opportunities are hard to come by if you are… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to spread the talent development to remote sites. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Hartford.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!