The Methodist Hospitals

www.methodisthospitals.org
  www.methodisthospitals.org
There are newer employer reviews for The Methodist Hospitals

Change and challenge on a daily basis. And management & directors are there to help if needed.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse II  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Registered Nurse II in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at The Methodist Hospitals

Pros

Any issue presented to our director, she is able to resolve, quickly and painlessly. She is a master at uniting a very diverse group, and it appears she does it with great ease.. The caring comes from the top on down to the the person who is always smiling even though he has only one functioning arm to mop the floors. He never complains but always has a smile for everyone.

Cons

The weak link appears to be human resources, who is not humane and not very resourceful. If it had not been for the wisdom of my director, and knowing that historically Methodist has been loyal to their employees who have been loyal to them, it would be quite easy to move on down the road.

Management has historically been very flexible and very accommodating to place an employee where he/she will contribute the most to the unit and there by making the employee happy & productive & more amenable to being flexible when staff and patient ratio are an issue & when employee health causes scheduling to be tweaked. Staff knows and appreciates that management seems very tuned in to individual concerns and appreciates the little nuances
that makes us aware that someone is listening & interested, knowing that personal touch can make the difference in even one patient's stay. Many patients have asked if we enjoy our job, saying "yes," they have commented, "we can tell because everyone is so helpful and wants to help us and smiles.."

10 Other Employee Reviews for The Methodist Hospitals (View Most Recent)

Great place to build a career if you don't want to have any personal life

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at The Methodist Hospitals

Pros

Great compensation package, management is supportive of educational growth, many opportunities for career advancement, great facilities, teaching institution in a medical center by several universities, lots of PTO

Cons

Management expects too many hours from nurses, hard to take days off when needed, very inflexible with hours and demand overtime. Good nurses are expected to carry the not just their patient load, but also carry lazy and poor nursing staff. Management will not counsel/fire bad nurses; very inconsistant and unequal expectations from staff nurses. Management needs to manage instead of being afraid of the employees that bark.

Respect and reward quality nurses instead of burdening them with carrying the weight of lazy and unqualified nurses. Simply fire bad employees and replace them and you might retain the nurses you need for a Magnet Hospital.

Hospital Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Merrillville, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN (US)

I have been working at The Methodist Hospitals

Pros

Benefits (what's left of them); PTO; medical and dental benefits

Cons

Unstable financial situation, hospital appears uncaring and run down

Improve management style, stop outsourcing, stop taking benefits away one by one.

There are newer employer reviews for The Methodist Hospitals

Worked for The Methodist Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!