There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Great people, less opportunity

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Former Employee - Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teamwork, much to learn,and much exposure to the market

Cons

a lot of OT, poor compensation

1183 Other Employee Reviews for The Nielsen Company (View Most Recent)

Measurement Science

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at The Nielsen Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

good environments! good team! everyone is valued. opportunities for rotation in Nielsen

Cons

with little flexibility and changes

Challenging career opportunities

Current Employee - Systems and Operations  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Systems and Operations in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People are left to solve problems and design solutions for clients.
    Senior leadership has a good understanding of the industry and communicates the strategy to meet objectives.
    Senior leadership has a wonderful philosophy on supporting the remote work force so the only people who understand their jobs and work independently can work from home. The people who show up at the office are typically those who don't have much real work, so going to the office in and of itself becomes the 'job'.

Cons

Nielsen is a process heavy company where often content is the problem. It is not realistic to think you can achieve a solution through project management when the people on the project do not understand the problem.
    We have some fundamental problems in our core factory that need to be addressed to achieve long term objectives. At some point, we need to make the investment and fix the problems. When we do, we will be far more capable of meeting our client objectives and drive significant long term profitability.

Senior leadership has fallen into the trap of 'outsourcing' as a solution in and of itself. The problem is that you can't expect an outside organization to solve problems senior leadership does not fully understand.
    See the point above under cons. Make the investment to fix problems in our core data factory and reap long term gains.
    In the question below on Dave Calhoun, I'll vote thumbs down because he runs the company for short term profitability. He also relies a lot on Mitchell Habib for advice. See my point above under cons. Mitchell wants to throw millions of dollars at outside consulting companies to solve problems they do not comprehend. Cut the spending to consultants and let the employess who understand the problem work out the solution.

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!